Adult Learning & Job Seeking | Art & Craft | Book Reviews & Literature | Business & Investing | Consumer Information | Driver’s Education | Genealogy & History | Health & Wellness | Homework Help & Practice Tests | Language Learning | Library Catalogs | Magazines, Newspapers, & Journals | Telephone Directory
Adult Learning & Job Seeking
- Search for the perfect job, research companies, and access resume templates and interview tools. Every Wednesday, access live webinars about job hunting, writing resumes, and acing interviews. User Guide | Register for weekly webinar
Explore career resources including cover letter review and help, interview preparation and practice, job search strategies, and resume writing help. Lincolnwood Public Library District cardholders will have access to 5 tutoring sessions a week. User Guide
For more resources, see Career Help
Art & Craft
- Nurture your creative side with 1000+ classes in painting, knitting, sewing, crafting, and more. User Guide
Book Reviews & Literature
- BiblioBoard is an eBook collection of fiction and nonfiction titles freely available to Illinois residents – no library card needed. Create a login to be able to bookmark your place, add notes, generate citations, and access BiblioBoard if you travel outside Illinois. Download an iOS, Android, or KindleFire app for offline reading.
Download or stream movies, TV shows, music, eAudiobooks, eBooks, and comics on your PC, tablet, or smartphone. Enjoy instant access and automatic returns. Mobile User Guide | Desktop User Guide | Learn more | App available
- Digital Library of Illinois (Libby) (formerly Overdrive).
Download eBooks and eAudiobooks to all types of eReaders, mobile devices, and PCs. With automatic returns, you don’t have to worry about late fees. | Mobile User Guide | Kindle User Guide | Download for Android | Download for Apple iOS
Wondering what to read next? Find the perfect match using adult and children’s fiction and nonfiction book recommendations, lists, discussion guides, and author read-alikes. User guide
Stream award-winning documentaries, rare and hard to find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with your library card. With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment”, Kanopy offers Lincolnwood resident library cardholders access to films of unique social and cultural value. Borrow up to 5 items per month, watch within 3 days. User Guide | App available
- TumbleBooks | SD74 teachers, please use this link.
Any child who has imagined a picture book coming to life will be mesmerized by the animated, talking stories in this preschoolers’ digital library. Older children can access graphic novels, ebooks, and more with new Tumble resources. User Guide
Business & Investing
- Conduct business research, find people and executives, access job and entrepreneurial resources. User Guide | Video tutorials
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
Analyze stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds using Morningstar’s financial research tools. Access market data from all major equity exchanges and indexes worldwide, and use the Instant X-ray tool to assess portfolio performance. Access outside the library | User guide
- Consumer Reports
Research purchases with ratings, reviews, and recommendations from the nonprofit product-testing organization established in 1936. The Consumer Reports mobile app is not set up to work with library accounts. User guide
- Driver’s License Practice Tests
Prepare for the Illinois driver’s license test with ten car practice tests, six motorcycle practice tests, one CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice test, and three online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, and CDL). User Guide
Genealogy & History
- Ancestry Library Edition
The library version of Ancestry.com comprises thousands of databases and billions of indexed. Record types include birth, marriage, death, immigration, church, military, court, land, and probate. In-Library use only. User guide
- Lincolnwood Library’s Historical Collection
This site is a work in progress and we will be regularly adding collections and items from the library and Lincolnwood’s history.
- Lincolnwood Library’s Flickr Collection
Glimpse our community’s past with the library’s historical photos.
Discover an extensive online database of 400+ historical newspapers from the early 1800s into the early 2000s containing regional and local publications from Illinois.
Health & Wellness
MedlinePlus is an online health information resource for patients and their families and friends. It is a service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the world’s largest medical library, and a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Homework Help & Practice Tests
- Chicago Tribune User Guide
The Tutor.com Learning Suite has been designed to meet the needs of learners of all ages by combining real-time, one-to-one connections in an online classroom with expertly designed self-study tools and a Drop-Off Review service. With flexible hours, low wait times, and various ways to seek help, Tutor.com helps every learner reach their full potential. Practices tests are available for ACT, PSAT/NMSQT®, and SAT® Prep. Lincolnwood Public Library District cardholders will have access to 5 tutoring sessions a week.
For more resources, go to Kids & Teens > Homework Help
- PressReader (formerly Library PressDisplay)
Practice reading foreign languages with newspapers from countries around the world. Browse by language or country to select from over 5,000 publications in 60+ languages. User guide | App available (you must use the Library’s Wifi to download new issues).
- Mango Languages
Start the conversation in your choice of over 70 world languages and dialects through courses crafted using conversational methodology, delivered through native speaker dialogue, and created with each individual learner in mind.
- Lincolnwood Public Library – includes the 24 libraries in our local consortium
- Chicago Public Library
- Morton Grove Public Library
- Skokie Public Library
- I-Share – includes the 84 member libraries of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
- WorldCat & Statewide Illinois Library Catalog – includes more than 10,000 libraries worldwide (or select IllinoisCatalog for a statewide search)
Newspapers, Magazines, & Journals
- Chicago Tribune — Current, please see PressReader for the current day’s newspaper and 2 days of back issues.
- Chicago Tribune — Historical
Images of the original editions, including photographs, advertisements, and cartoons. Coverage: 1849 – 1993. User guide
- Flipster Magazines
Browse the latest issues of popular magazines in full color on your computer or mobile device. Titles include: Atlantic, Dwell, Elle, Food & Wine, Forbes, Men’s Health, Real Simple, Shop Smart, Women’s Health, People, and more. User Guide | Learn more | App available (or read in your browser window)
Read current newspapers from countries around the world in full-color, full-page format. Browse by language or country to select from over 5,000 publications in 60+ languages. Magazines are also included for some countries; U.S. titles include Martha Stewart Living, MacLife, Newsweek, Digital Camera, and Yoga Journal. User guide | App available (you must use the Library’s Wifi to download new issues).
- U.S. Major Dailies | Access outside the library
Read the current days’ paper of the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. Today’s content is available by 8am each day. Also search and read recent archives of these papers:
Chicago Tribune recent archive 1985-current
L.A. Times recent archive 1985-current
New York Times recent archive 1980-current
The Wall Street Journal recent archive 1984-current
The Washington Post recent archive 1987-current
- Major Dailies Historical
Major Dailies Historical is an archive of five U.S. newspapers: Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. You can read content from 1849-2018. These five are some of the most respected regional and national papers of record.
Chicago Tribune historic archive 1849-1998
L.A. Times historic archive 1881-1997
New York Times historic archive 1851-2018
The Wall Street Journal historic archive 1889-2010
The Washington Post historic archive 1877-2005
- The AtoZ Residential Database of 240 million U.S. residents is multi-sourced to ensure maximum coverage. Our residential database is compiled from data sources including thousands of white pages, national directory assistance data, real estate deed and tax information, voter registration data, mail order data, warranty cards, and many other sources. User Guide
Having trouble with the EBSCO links? Please try this page instead.
Our EBSCO resources: Consumer Reports, Flipster, and Novelist.