Adult Learning & Job Seeking | Art & Craft | Book Reviews & Literature | Business & Investing | Consumer Information | Driver’s Education | Encyclopedias & Reference | Genealogy & History | Homework Help | Language Learning | Library Catalogs | Magazines, Newspapers, & Journals | Telephone Directory
Adult Learning & Job Seeking
- Search for the perfect job, research companies, and access resume templates and interview tools. Every Wednesday, access live webinars about job hunting, writing resumes, and acing interviews. User Guide | Register for weekly webinar
Learn at your own pace with instructional videos covering the latest software, technology, business, and creative skills. With nearly 4,000 courses taught by experts, and new courses added weekly, Lynda.com is an industry leader in online learning. The Lynda.com mobile app is now available for use with the library service. User guide | FAQs | App Available
For more resources, see Career Help
Art & Craft
- Nurture your creative side with 1000+ classes in painting, knitting, sewing, crafting, and more. User Guide
Book Reviews & Literature
- BiblioBoard is an eBook collection of fiction and nonfiction titles freely available to Illinois residents – no library card needed. Create a login to be able to bookmark your place, add notes, generate citations, and access BiblioBoard if you travel outside Illinois. Download an iOS, Android, or KindleFire app for offline reading.
Download or stream movies, TV shows, music, eAudiobooks, eBooks, and comics on your PC, tablet, or smartphone. Enjoy instant access and automatic returns. Mobile User Guide | Desktop User Guide | Learn more | App available
- Digital Library of Illinois (OverDrive) (formerly MyMediaMall).
Download eBooks and eAudiobooks to all types of eReaders, mobile devices, and PCs. With automatic returns, you don’t have to worry about late fees. Mobile User Guide | Kindle User Guide | Libby User Guide | Learn more | App available
Wondering what to read next? Find the perfect match using adult and children’s fiction and nonfiction book recommendations, lists, discussion guides, and author read-alikes. User guide
Stream award-winning documentaries, rare and hard to find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with your library card. With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment”, Kanopy offers Lincolnwood resident library cardholders access to films of unique social and cultural value. Borrow up to 5 items per month, watch within 3 days. User Guide | App available
- TumbleBooks | SD74 teachers, please use this link.
Any child who has imagined a picture book coming to life will be mesmerized by the animated, talking stories in this preschoolers’ digital library. Older children can access graphic novels, ebooks, and more with new Tumble resources.
Business & Investing
- Conduct business research, find people and executives, access job and entrepreneurial resources. User Guide | Video tutorials
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
Analyze stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds using Morningstar’s financial research tools. Access market data from all major equity exchanges and indexes worldwide, and use the Instant X-ray tool to assess portfolio performance. Access outside the library | User guide
- Consumer Reports
Research purchases with ratings, reviews, and recommendations from the nonprofit product-testing organization established in 1936. The Consumer Reports mobile app is not set up to work with library accounts. User guide
- Driver’s License Practice Tests
Prepare for the Illinois driver’s license test with ten car practice tests, six motorcycle practice tests, one CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice test, and three online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, and CDL). User Guide
Encyclopedias & Reference
- Encyclopedia Britannica
The comprehensive articles in this trusted source (online only since 2012) are now enhanced by multimedia. Three portals meet the research needs of learners at different ages; the Reference Center is designed for adults. User guide
Genealogy & History
- Ancestry Library Edition
The library version of Ancestry.com comprises thousands of databases and billions of indexed. Record types include birth, marriage, death, immigration, church, military, court, land, and probate. NOTE: Ancestry has provided temporary remote access to Lincolnwood residents during our closure. Click the link above and enter your library card number. User guide
- Chicago Tribune — Historical
Images of the original editions, including photographs, advertisements, and cartoons. Coverage: 1849 — 1993. User guide
- Heritage Quest Online
A comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, convenient research guides, interactive census maps, and more. User Guide
- Lincolnwood Library’s Historical Collection
This site is a work in progress and we will be regularly adding collections and items from the library and Lincolnwood’s history.
- Lincolnwood Library’s Flickr Collection
Glimpse our community’s past with the library’s historical photos.
- Chicago Tribune User Guide
- Encyclopedia Britannica
The comprehensive articles in this trusted source (online only since 2012) are now enhanced by multimedia. Levels designed just for children and young adults contain age-appropriate information. User guide
For more resources, go to Kids & Teens > Homework Help
- PressReader (formerly Library PressDisplay)
Practice reading foreign languages with newspapers from countries around the world. Browse by language or country to select from over 5,000 publications in 60+ languages. User guide | App available (you must use the Library’s Wifi to download new issues).
Study any of 80 languages, from Afrikaans to Mongolian to Xhosa, or improve English language skills with ESL courses in 50 different languages. Build on traditional language-learning methods with interactive multimedia. User guide | App available
- Lincolnwood Public Library – includes the 24 libraries in our local consortium
- Chicago Public Library
- Morton Grove Public Library
- Skokie Public Library
- I-Share – includes the 84 member libraries of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois
- WorldCat & Statewide Illinois Library Catalog – includes more than 10,000 libraries worldwide (or select IllinoisCatalog for a statewide search)
Newspapers, Magazines, & Journals
- Chicago Tribune — Current, please see PressReader for the current day’s newspaper and 2 days of back issues.
- Chicago Tribune — Historical
Images of the original editions, including photographs, advertisements, and cartoons. Coverage: 1849 – 1993. User guide
- Flipster Magazines
Browse the latest issues of popular magazines in full color on your computer or mobile device. Titles include: Atlantic, Dwell, Elle, Food & Wine, Forbes, Men’s Health, Real Simple, Shop Smart, Women’s Health, People, and more. User Guide | Learn more | App available (or read in your browser window)
- New York Times
Unlimited access to The New York Times including the international edition. Archive access includes articles published between 1851-1922 and 1981-current. User Guide
- Follow the steps below for access:
- In the library:
- Visit NYTimes.com on one of the library’s computers or connect your own laptop to library’s Wi-Fi.
- First time users will have to register with an email address and create a password.
- Returning users must log in with email address and password for unlimited access.
- Outside the library:
- Lincolnwood Library cardholders can access The New York Times by redeeming a code. The code provides 24 hours of continuous access. A new code must be redeemed for each 24 hours access.
- Visit this page for the code.
- Select Redeem. First time users will have to register with an email address and create a password.
- PressReader (previously Library PressDisplay)
Read current newspapers from countries around the world in full-color, full-page format. Browse by language or country to select from over 5,000 publications in 60+ languages. Magazines are also included for some countries; U.S. titles include Martha Stewart Living, MacLife, Newsweek, Digital Camera, and Yoga Journal. User guide | App available (you must use the Library’s Wifi to download new issues).
- The AtoZ Residential Database of 240 million U.S. residents is multi-sourced to ensure maximum coverage. Our residential database is compiled from data sources including thousands of white pages, national directory assistance data, real estate deed and tax information, voter registration data, mail order data, warranty cards, and many other sources. User Guide
Having trouble with the EBSCO links? Please try this page instead.
Our EBSCO resources: Consumer Reports, Flipster, and Novelist.