Book a 45-minute one-on-one session with a librarian for help with a variety of basic technology topics:
- Downloading library eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Using library subscription resources such as “Consumer Reports”
- Basics of your smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer
- Email (creating an account, attaching photos and documents, etc.)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This service is for Lincolnwood cardholders only. Please email Brian Wilson at or call (224) 233-1859 to set up an appointment today.
Please note: We are unable to troubleshoot hardware issues with your laptop or mobile device. For these types of questions, please seek a professional computer consultant.
Free Online Training
These online resources can supplement the training available through the library.
- DigitalLearn – Topics include Basic Search, Buying a Plane Ticket, and Intro to Email.
- GCFLearnFree – Excellent Microsoft Office tutorials, plus Blog Basics, Internet Safety, and more.
- TechBoomers – Learn to use popular websites like Google Maps, Skype, and Expedia. Built for older adults, but useful for all!