Check one out
Choose from Rokus that come with:
-Netflix/HBO Max/Apple TV+/Amazon Prime Video
-Netflix/Acorn TV/Viki TV
-Family Rokus with Disney+/Discovery+, Amazon Prime Video/Sensical and more
-and a Roku loaded with free streaming service apps like YouTube, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, Crackle and more
Compatibility & Usage
- You must have WiFi in your home.
- You must have a TV with an HDMI input or a composite input.
- Replacement Costs: Power Adapter – $10, Remote – $15, HDMI Cable – $5, Roku – $35, Composite AV Cable – $10
- Streaming channels: Netflix, HBO, Apple TV Plus, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney Plus, Discovery Plus, Acorn TV, Viki (note: not every Roku has the same streaming channels available)
- Other apps that may be included: Vudu, Crackle, YouTube, TED, CBS News, NBC News, Vevo, Fox News, Smithsonian Channel, PBS, PBS Kids, The Exercise Channel, Tubi TV, Xumo, Pluto TV, The Roku Channel, Kids and Family on the Roku Channel, Sensical TV
- Most Rokus also include Hoopla and Kanopy. Both apps provide free streaming content. You must log-in using your own Lincolnwood Library card number.
- For information on how to create these accounts using your library card, see our Digital Movies & Music page.
Use the included High Speed HDMI Cable to connect the Roku to your TV.
For TVs that don’t have an HDMI connector, use the included composite cable. Note: Streaming will be in standard definition.
Step 2: Connect to Power
Use the included USB power cable to connect to the USB port on your TV. Note: Not all TV USB ports provide enough power.
Step 3: Position Roku Streaming Player
DO make sure that the front of the Roku has direct line of sight with your remote control.
DO NOT place the Roku behind your TV.
DO NOT place inside a TV cabinet. Doing so may cause overheating.
Step 4: Power on TV and select Input
Select AV for composite cable. Select HDMI for HDMI connection.
Step 5: Connect to WiFi
Navigate to Settings > Network > Wireless > Set up new Wi-Fi connection. Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks and enter your password.
Once you have entered your password and selected Connect the Roku will automatically connect to the Internet.
Accessing Vudu Content
Step 1: Open the Vudu app on the Roku.
Step 2: Select the MyVudu tab.
Step 3: Select the Movies or TV tab to access the library’s free collection of free titles.
Step 4: Using the arrows on the remote, select the title you want to watch and hit OK.
Step 5: Select Watch.
Have more questions about the Roku? Contact the Information Services Reference Desk at 224-233-1841 or .