If you need an optical drive but don’t have one on a desktop or laptop computer, you can check out this simple LG Slim Portable DVD Writer and plug it in to any device with a USB-A plug to access or create CDs and DVDs.
Check one out
– DVD reader/writer – Insert a filled or blank DVD to access existing content or burn new content to a disc using the DVD+/-R or DVD+/-RW formats.
– CD reader/writer – Insert a filled or blank CD to access existing content, including music CDs, or burn new content to a disc using the CD-R or CD-RW formats.
– This drive does not support any Blu-ray formats.
Plugging in the drive
- Plug the rectangular USB port of the included cable directly into your device
- Plug the other end of the cable in to the plug in the back right of the disc drive
- On the front of the unit, press the button on the middle right to partially eject the disc tray. Gently pull the tray open the rest of the way
- Insert your disc face up. The disc should click firmly into place.
- Manually close the tray.
Accessing disc content
- Your device should recognize the disc drive and the DVDs and CDs that you insert. Use standard programs like Windows File Explorer and macOS Finder to read previously created files located on the discs and to write new files from your device to blank discs.
Switching discs or removing discs
- Use your standard system software like Windows File Explorer and macOS Finder to eject the disc. If the tray does not partially eject on its own, you may override the system by pressing the button on the middle right. Do not do this while your device is actively reading content from the disc or writing content to a disc. You may insert another disc or unplug the drive and cable once your disc has been partially ejected.
Need more help using one of our LG Slim Portable DVD Writers? Contact the Information Services Desk at the library by calling (224) 233-1841 or email email@example.com.