The library supports the Lincolnwood community in learning at all levels, beginning with early literacy. Our mission to serve as “a welcoming gateway to knowledge and discovery” inspires us to find the very best resources and empower you to use them.
Why Use Library Resources?
- Save money by tapping into shared subscriptions instead of paying for your own.
- Avoid information overload—focus on resources you can rely on for quality, neutrality, and accuracy.
Who Can Use Library Resources?
- All resources* are available to anyone using a library PC.
- Lincolnwood residents: use your library card to access resources wherever you have an internet connection.
- Non-residents: check with your home library to see if similar resources are available.
How to Use Library Resources
- View Resources by Topic with descriptions, or go straight to Quick Links.
- Within the library building, connect directly to all resources* —no login required.
- Outside the library, enter your library card number for access.
- Remote access links, login instructions, and restrictions appear in italics on the Resources by Topic and Quick Links lists.
- On your mobile device, take advantage of free apps and mobile-friendly sites.
How to Get More Help
- Pick up guides for any of our resources at the library or view them here.
- Look for links to video tutorials and online user guides on the Resources by Topic list.
- Call us at (847) 677-5277, email us, or stop by to schedule a one-on-one appointment with a librarian. We’d love to give you an overview of our resources, work with you to research a particular topic, and support you in achieving your goals!