If you don’t have a printer or if your printer isn’t working right now, you can send print jobs to the library for curbside pick-up within 24 business hours.
The library is currently open for curbside pick-up Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm and Sun: 1-5pm. Additional COVID impacts may be found here.
NOTICE: Please be mindful when printing sensitive information. While confidentiality is always maintained in the performance of library duties, by its nature, this service cannot insure complete privacy. The library is not liable for any breach of information on printed materials, including completed tax forms.
Print jobs are held in a queue for 48 hours. After this time, jobs will be deleted. Please call within 48 hours of sending a print job.
Printing and curbside pick-up instructions
- Available to everyone: Lincolnwood residents and non-residents!
- Click here to start.
- Choose black & white or color. Black & white prints cost $.15 per page and color prints cost $.55 per page.*
In the user info section, please write your last name, first name initial.
- Select document: The browse button will provide a drop-down menu so you can choose any document that is on your computer. Double click on the document you wish to print, and the file name will be displayed in the box. You can also print from a website by copying and pasting the complete web address.
- Click on arrow in lower right corner to proceed to next step.
- The next screen will show you the number of pages you printed and the cost. If this is correct click the green printer icon.
- Screen will show “Your request is being processed.”
- Call the library’s Information Services department at (224) 233-1841. We’ll ask for your last name, and a staff member will confirm receipt and provide pickup instructions.
*We will add the cost of your print job to your library card on file, and you can pay your print fees once the library building reopens to the public. If we do not have a library card on file for you, you will need to pay in exact cash for your print job.