Below are reliable resources to help you respond to changing situations resulting from the COVID-19 coronavirus, including health, unemployment, legal, and financial issues. We will update this guide as resources become available.
Free at-home COVID-19 tests from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Click here to go to the U.S. government website where you can order up to four (4) free at-home COVID-19 tests without incurring any shipping costs or having to enter a credit card. All you have to provide is your name and address. You can order for your home starting on Wednesday, January 9, 2022.
Cook County Survey
Click here to respond to Cook County’s COVID Vaccination survey to help public health officials gather necessary information.
- US Government Benefits Overview
- Social Security Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response
- US Department of the Treasury page on the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security)
- IRS page on the Economic Impact Payments aspect of the CARES Act
- IRS page for those who did not file taxes in 2018 or 2019 to enter payment info to receive Economic Impact Payments
- The Simple Dollar
- For Military Veterans
- Greater Chicago Food Depository (includes Cook County)
- Feeding America
- Apply For Food Stamps: US Department of Health and Human Services under Programs for Families and Children.
- Cook County Department of Health
- Cook County Department of Health Coronavirus Data (Click Map for town by town data of suburbs like Lincolnwood)
- Illinois Department of Health
- Healthcare Options
- Apply for Medicaid and CHIP
- US Government COVID-19 Coronavirus Website
- World Health Organization
- US Centers for Disease Control
- CDC Coronavirus Cases by State
- CDC Global Coronavirus Cases
- John Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits with the Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Career One Stop
- Search for Jobs via Indeed.com