Adult Programming Librarian
“Public library programming is one of the best ways to connect with a community. Planning and evaluating programs that both benefit the public and satisfy lifelong learning curiosities would be a dream job one day.”
If this or a similar sentence made it into an essay from your time in library school, look no further, your dream job is here!
The Lincolnwood Library is seeking a thoughtful, ambitious, and self-starting Adult Program Librarian.
The bulk of your time will include:
- Develop and present programs for Lincolnwood adults
- Work the Information Services reference desk
- Organize and implement outreach efforts, including some homebound deliveries
- Help patrons navigate library resources and technology, including our Digital Media Lab equipment
Other duties will include:
- Helping out with interlibrary loans
- Act as a Management Team substitute as necessary
- Put your marketing hat on to help with promoting things like resources, services, and programs
- Serve on a library committee or two
- Help out at another service desk in the library as necessary
This position reports to the Head of Information Services and will work closely with other members of the Information Services team as well as staff from other departments.
For this position, we need you to have an MLS from an ALA accredited graduate school, and at least one year experience working with adults that has helped you gain knowledge of adult literature and services. We ask that you have experience with virtual and in-person adult programming, and intermediate to advanced computer and information technology skills.
Our benefit package includes medical, vision, life, LTD insurance; 457(b) retirement plan; paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.