Facilities Assistant/Security Monitor
Part Time, 26 hours weekly
The Lincolnwood Public Library is seeking a reliable security monitor to maintain order in the building and grounds by enforcing policies, procedures, and guidelines that prevent inappropriate, disruptive, or illegal behavior. The security monitor maintains a safe and secure environment for patrons and employees. Performs light maintenance tasks in the absence of Operations staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Maintain an alert and visible presence throughout the library to prevent and deter situations from occurring or escalating by routinely patrolling the library building and grounds.
• Respond promptly and effectively to problems or potential problems.
• Calmly and assertively manage unruly or disruptive persons using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
• Anticipate and respond quickly to requests from other library staff for assistance with problems or potential problems relating to patron’s behavior.
• Document incidents promptly and accurately.
• Regularly communicate with staff and provide information regarding patron behavior to ensure staff awareness.
• Assist with light maintenance including snow removal and salting of sidewalks.
• Handles minor cleaning or building problems as needed including picking up litter and debris left in the cafe or library grounds.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and any professional references to Katie Cordis, Head of Operations, email@example.com. E-mail submissions only.
Position is open until filled. Salary is $14.50/hourly with PTO, sick leave and a 26-hour work week. Required schedule is 3:30-9 pm, Monday through Thursday; 2-6 pm Friday.
High School Diploma. Previous security work preferred. Experience working with kids preferred. Customer service experience a plus.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.