Read for the Win, the 2016 Summer Reading Challenge.
June 1, 2016 – August 31, 2016
Read for the Win Summer Reading Challenge Cards are available at the library or at any library-sponsored event. For each of the activities you complete, earn a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of 10 prize baskets.
There are sixteen activities on the 2016 Challenge Card, and many can be repeated. For instance, you can read outside for 20 minutes up to three times (or all at once, for a solid hour!) to earn three raffle tickets. Here are some of the other activities on the Challenge Card:
- Attend a Summer Reading Events 2016 (up to eight times!) like the outdoor screening of “Toy Story” at Proesel Park on June 24 or Quidditch 101 with the Loyola University Lumos on July 23. (See our Events page for details.)
- Read a magazine or comic book—and earn a bonus ticket for finding out how to get these items from our digital library.
- Take a selfie reading a book in Lincolnwood, and add the hashtag #LincolnwoodLibrary. (New to hashtags? Start here.)
- Read an ebook or listen to an e-audiobook (up to three times). Borrow a library Kindle for easy access to hundreds of ebooks on a single device!
- Follow @LincolnwoodLibrary on Instagram or “like” us on Facebook…or take the old-fashioned route and stop by to tell us what you like about your library.
For reading-related challenges, such as read a book that takes place outside of the U.S.A. and read a book that is over 20 years old, library staff can provide suggestions for all ages and tastes. Look for book lists at our events, or ask us anytime.
SD74 families: everything you read for the library’s summer reading program also counts for the district’s 5,074 book challenge, so be sure to log your achievements on your Challenge Card and on the SD74 website.
Team up with us to read, learn, and have fun as we Read for the Win, June 1-August 31!
Challenge Card Suggestions
Watch a movie based on a book. Read the book for a bonus punch!
Read a book that has someone’s name in the title. Up to three times!
Read a book that takes place outside the U.S.A. Up to three times!
Read a book that is over 20 years old. Up to three times!