Compatibility & Usage
- Battery life around 8-10 hours from a full charge.
- Includes car charger for on-the-go usage.
- Maximum 10 devices connected to this hotspot at one time.
- Coverage is in the USA only.
- Expected average speed of 50 Mbps.
- Compatible with devices with operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10, MacOS 10.5 or later, Android 2.1 or later, tested successfully on iOS 10.1.1 and later.
- Requires device that is capable of connecting to WiFi networks using the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standards.
- Compatible with devices with web browsers: Chrome 36.0 or later, Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Firefox 3.1 or later, Safari 5.0 or later.
- Replacement costs: $70
Step 1: To turn the Hotspot on or off, press and hold the Power Button on the front of the device for at least two seconds, then release.
Step 2: Press the Power Button again to cycle through a series of screens to view device information.
Step 3: Cycle to WiFi Name screen. This will be the network you will connect to. Then cycle to the WiFi Password screen and note the password.
Step 4: Select the same WiFi network name on your device’s wireless network settings screen.
Need more help with the library hotspot? Contact the Information Services Reference Desk at 224-233-1841 or .