Book a 45-minute one-on-one session with a librarian for help with a variety of basic technology topics:
- Downloading library eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Using library subscription resources such as “Consumer Reports”
- Basics of your smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer
- Email (creating an account, attaching photos and documents, etc.)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This service is for Lincolnwood cardholders only. Please email Brian Wilson at or call (224) 233-1859 to set up an appointment today.
Please note: We are unable to troubleshoot hardware issues with your laptop or mobile device. For these types of questions, please seek a professional computer consultant.
Lynda.com offers self-paced instructional videos teaching the latest technology, creative, and business skills. With nearly 4,000 courses taught by experts, and new courses added weekly, Lynda.com is an industry leader in online learning.
First-time users need to create a profile. Follow these steps once you have accessed Lynda.com via the link above:
- Click Create a profile
- Enter your Lincolnwood library card number
- Create a password
If you need to reset your password, contact Lynda.com Customer Service at (888) 335-9632 or
Free Online Training
These online resources can supplement the training available through the library.
- DigitalLearn – Topics include Basic Search, Buying a Plane Ticket, and Intro to Email.
- GCFLearnFree – Excellent Microsoft Office tutorials, plus Blog Basics, Internet Safety, and more.
- TechBoomers – Learn to use popular websites like Google Maps, Skype, and Expedia. Built for older adults, but useful for all!