Lincolnwood Library card holders can now access Lynda.com from home.
Self-paced instructional videos that teach the latest software, technology, creative, and business skills. Courses are taught by experts in their fields. Watch a video on how to use Lynda.com.
First time users need to create a profile. Follow these steps once you have accessed Lynda.com via the link above:
- Click Create a profile
- Enter your library card number
- Create a password that’s at least 6 characters long and include a number and a letter
If you need to reset your password, contact Lynda.com Customer Service at (888) 335-9632 or
Please note: Lynda.com mobile app is not set up to work with library subscriptions.
The lynda.com online training library includes video-based elearning courses on:
- Adobe and Microsoft applications and technologies
- Web design
- Digital photography
- Video and Audio
- Mac applications
- Computer Programming
- Business Skills
Book a one-on-one session with a librarian for help with a variety of basic technology topics. We are happy to help you with:
- Downloading library eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Using the library catalog to search for items and place holds
- Using library subscription resources such as Consumer Reports
- Email (creating an account, attaching photos and documents, etc)
- Searching the Internet
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
This service is for Lincolnwood cardholders only. Please email Jennifer Hunt at or call (847) 677-5277 x293 to set up an appointment today.
- Visit our Events page for upcoming programs.
- View recordings of our Windows 8.1 or Computer & Internet Security class taught by FireLogic
Free Online Training
These online resources can supplement the training available through the library.
- DigitalLearn – Topics include Basic Search, Buying a Plane Ticket, and Intro to Email.
- GCFLearnFree – Excellent Microsoft Office tutorials, plus Blog Basics, Internet Safety, and more.
- TechBoomers – Learn to use popular websites like Google Maps, Skype, and Expedia. Built for older adults, but useful for all!