Computers and Laptops
Computers are located in the Adult Computer Lab (ages 15+) and Youth & Teen Area (14 and under). To use a computer, walk up to any available station and type in your library card number. Computer users must have library cards that are in good standing.
Laptops are also available for Lincolnwood cardholders (ages 15+). To check out a laptop for use in the library only, visit the Reference Desk. Present a valid Lincolnwood library card and government-issued ID (e.g. Driver’s License) to borrow the equipment. Power cords, mice, and headphones are available. Laptops may not be left unattended or taken outside the building.
The library PCs and laptops are currently running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 2010 and internet access.
For patron privacy, all documents or files saved to the computers are erased after each session. Frequently saving your work to the cloud or a USB flash drive is highly recommended.
Black & white and color printers are available with 8.5″x11″ paper. See the print, copy, scan, & fax page for more details.
- Lincolnwood cardholders — 4 hours per day
- Registered reciprocal borrowers — 1 hour per day
- Express stations (no library card required) – 15 minute sessions
- Lincolnwood cardholders — 4 hours per day (Must be returned 20 minutes before the library closes.)
Wireless Internet (WiFi)
A free, unsecured wireless network (LPLD-WiFi) is available throughout the library.
Early Literacy Stations
The Early Literacy Stations are kid-friendly stations in the Youth Area. Engaging and educational games designed for children aged 2-8 are available (no library card required).
For sale at the Circulation Desk
- USB flash drives (2GB) — $5
- USB flash drives (16GB) — $10
- CD-R & CD-RW — $1
- DVD-R & DVD-RW — $1
- Head phones — $5
- For circulation – 2 TB External Hard Drives (compatible with Macs), 3 week loan period with renewals
For more information about the use of library computer equipment, please review the library’s Public Internet and Technology Policy.