Have you heard of an eBook? An eBook is an electronic copy of a book that can be read on the screen of your computer or a portable eReader device, tablet, or smartphone. The best part? It’s free!
We just updated our popular eBooks and audiobooks in our digital lending library.
You can find and enjoy titles on just about any modern device in seconds, it has never been easier. You can download eBooks and audiobooks onto your tablet, mobile device or computer without having to purchase them. To check out eBooks from the Lincolnwood Public Library, you need the following:
- A Lincolnwood Public Library card
- A computer or mobile device with an internet connection
- A free software program or mobile app may be required, depending on your device
Here are some step-by-step guides to downloading library eBooks to a variety of popular electronic devices:
- Mobile Devices (Apple, Android, Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire)
- NOOK (Simple Touch and Classic), Sony eReaders, Kobo eReaders
- Kindle eReaders (If you have a Kindle Fire refer to mobile above)
Some of the eBook best sellers include:
- I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
- My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind by Scott Stossel
Still not comfortable downloading an eBook or audiobook from the Lincolnwood Library? Call our Digital Services Librarian at 847-677-5277 and set up a one-on-one appointment to help you use the library digital resources or stop in and have a staff member assist you.
To see our scheduled eBook technology sessions, click here.