We have just begun our second year of technology classes at the library, and our popular offerings continue to fill up quickly. If you are waitlisted and eager to start learning, try a video tutorial on Lynda.com or schedule an appointment for one-on-one instruction with a librarian. Call (847) 677-5277 x293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time. Meanwhile, space is still available in the following classes:
Our App, App, & Away! series continues in November with suggestions for travel apps to help you plan, prepare for, and enjoy your next trip.
Are you interested in how technology affects the world of work? Join us in October, when SCORE Chicago presents Facebook 101: The Small Business Beginner’s Guide to Marketing. In November, Very Smart People introduce LinkedIn 101 and ReferenceUSA representative Nancy Spidle presents Job Searching Basics.
If you’re a PC user, you’ve probably heard the buzz about the new operating system released this summer. Meet Windows 10 with FireLogic and learn about all the new features that come with this free upgrade. (This session will be taped, so stay tuned for the recording if you can’t make it in person.)
Mac, iPhone, and iPad users will want to wait for the Very Smart People presentation What’s New with Apple? Android aficianados, we’ve got you covered, too, with Android Basics.
Not sure which of these you have, or should get? In mid-November, just in time for the start of the holiday shopping season, our resident gadget guru will offer tips and tricks for selecting a device in What Gadget Do I Buy?
Here are the dates and times for these classes. Hope to see you there!
- Meet Windows 10: Sunday, September 13, 2-4 p.m.
- What’s New with Apple? Saturday, October 10, 1-2 p.m.
- Facebook 101: Wednesday, October 14, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Android Basics: Saturday, October 24, 2-4 p.m.
- LinkedIn 101: Wednesday, November 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- What Gadget Do I Buy? Saturday, November 14, 2-4 p.m.
- Job Searching Basics with ReferenceUSA: Monday, November 16, 7-8 p.m.
- Travel Apps: Wednesday, November 18, 2-3 p.m.