The Lincolnwood Public Library is looking for a Library CAT.
No, not that type of cat! We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated, and bookish students for a Council of Awesome T[w]eens that will promote and represent the library to their peers and the wider community.
The CAT will meet once a month during the school year to eat pizza and chat. Oh, and also to:
- help plan, run, and participate in events,
- suggest books, CDs, movies, games, and magazines for the library to buy,
- earn special library privileges and community service hours,
- learn and practice new leadership skills to prepare for their future, and
- brainstorm ways to get the word out about the best place in all of Lincolnwood (the library, duh)!
CAT applicants must be Lincolnwood residents in grade six or above and able serve for a term of half the school year. For 2016-17, that means September through February and/or March through June. Members are expected to attend at least three meetings as active participants and to assist with at least one CAT-sponsored program or activity per term.We are now accepting applications for the inaugural CAT term! Fill out an application at the library or complete this online form by September 9.