hoopla digital, a Netflix-like service for Lincolnwood library card holders, lets you stream and temporarily download movies, TV shows, music, eBooks, eAudiobooks, and comics.
Getting started on the hoopla mobile app:
1. Download the free app for iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire HDX.
2. Open the app and tap “Don’t have an account? Sign Up” to create your hoopla account. You will need your Lincolnwood library card and an email address.
3. Browse titles or tap the magnifying glass to search.
4. When you find a title you like, tap the cover and then Borrow.
5. To stream your selection right away (requires a good internet connection), tap Play.
6. To download your selection so you can play it without being connected to the internet, tap “Download to your device” or the down-arrow icon. Download speed will vary based on your internet connection.
Getting started on your computer:
1. Visit the hoopla website.
2. If you already have an account, enter your email address and password, then click the blue Log In button. If you do not have an account, under New to hoopla? click the blue Get Started button. You will need your Lincolnwood library card and an email address.
3. Browse or search for titles.
4. When you find a title you like, click on the cover and then Borrow. You can click Play to stream it immediately.
*The first time you watch a movie or TV show on your computer or laptop, hoopla will prompt you to download a free video player called Widevine. You will only need to install Widevine once. For more information, please visit hoopla support.
Need More Help?
Visit hoopla support or contact us at (847)677-5277 x230 or to set up a one-on-one appointment.