On April 17, 2018, we transitioned to a new library catalog. You’ll see a new look as you search for library materials, and will be introduced to new features as we work to improve your library experience.
Note: Integration with OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks has been configured in the online catalog. You can now borrow OverDrive eBooks & eAudiobooks directly from the the catalog and return them via your account.
Starting April 17
- Log into the new catalog with your existing password, entered in all CAPS, or ask library staff to help you set a new password.
- Replace your previous bookmarks to the catalog with the new url.
- Seamlessly use the new catalog on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Create an easy to remember username to log into the library catalog.
- Select your notice preference, including email, text, or automated calls.
- Renew material automatically. Three days before your items are due, the system will automatically try to renew your materials for you. If you have an email listed in your library account, you’ll receive an email letting you know the new due date, or a courtesy reminder if the items cannot be renewed.
- Choose your preferred pickup location from any of the 29 participating locations.
How to Prepare
Before April 14
- Export your reading history. Your current reading history will not migrate over to the new catalog, but you can send yourself an Excel version using this handy form.
- Download your catalog lists. “My Lists” in the current catalog will not be transferred over to the new catalog. Email or print your existing lists prior to April 14.
- Bring your library card to checkout. We won’t be able to look up patron accounts during this time.
- No items will be due during this time.
- You can still view the catalog, but “My Account” features will be unavailable, and we will be unable to place holds. Call us at 224-233-1841 to make any requests, and librarians can place holds for you as soon as we go live on the new catalog.
- During this time, call us at 224-233-1841 to make sure items are on the shelf; catalog results may be inaccurate.