Power users of our online library catalog already know that they can use the system to request materials from other libraries, pay fines, and preview ebooks and e-audiobooks. The new Advanced Search page provides even more options for browsing, selecting, and obtaining library materials.
Advanced Search lets you apply any of the search restrictions that were previously available only on your results page before you even begin your search. Here are some ways to take advantage of the tool:
- Use the drop-down menu next to Broad Genre to select categories like “Biography,” “Romance,” “Easy Reader,” or “Parent-Teacher.”
- Add another criterion to narrow your results even further—DVD from the Format menu and “TV Series” from Broad Genre, for instance.
- Need something you can watch or read right away? To the right of Availability, select “Only show available.”
- Gamers and foreign film fans, click on More options… to reveal the useful limiters Platform/System and TV & Movies’ Country of Production.
- To limit results to physical materials, excluding results from our digital library, use the drop-down menu under Search Collections and select “Library material.”
The Advanced Search link is located to the right of the green Search button on our catalog home page. If you’d like some help with your search—especially if there’s something you just can’t find—don’t hesitate to contact us.