The library seeks to enhance the quality of life in Lincolnwood by creating and sustaining a sense of place for residents; bringing the community together in order to celebrate its diversity; offering individuals a welcoming gateway to knowledge and discovery; and fulfilling residents’ desire for cultural and recreational activities.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District will be a modern, thriving, essential part of the Lincolnwood community.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District has one location at 4000 W Pratt Ave, Lincolnwood IL 60712. There are 15 full time employees and 26 part time employees.
July 2013 – June 2016 Strategic Plan
Download the full Lincolnwood Library FY14-FY16 Strategic Plan (pdf).
Download the Strategic Plan Summary (pdf).
Strategic planning is a way to set the direction and establish priorities for our library. It defines the library’s view of success and prioritize the activities that will make that view our reality. The plan helps us understand what we should be working on, and in what order. The primary reason behind undertaking strategic planning was to understand the needs of the community and identify ways to increase usage of the library by Lincolnwood residents.
The library began a strategic planning process in July 2012, and the final plan was approved by the Board of Trustees in January 2013. The planning process was a collaborative effort among community, board, and staff; where input from all three groups was sought and valued; the process was thorough and completed in a relatively short period of time; and the final strategic plan is being used as a blueprint for positive change.
The four initiatives we are working on are:
- Physical Space: Visit a comfortable place
- Computer and Technology Literacy: Connect with the digital world
- Virtual Space: Visit a connected place
- Stimulate Imagination: Reading, viewing and listening for pleasure and knowledge
Core values define the culture and character of the library, and guide how staff behave and make decisions. The Lincolnwood Public Library District values:
- Friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable customer service
- Initiatives that look to the future and improve the library for the community
- Staff interactions that are respectful, open-minded, and team-oriented
- A welcoming environment for all members of the community
- Support of intellectual freedom
- Protection of privacy of its patrons