Marketing and Program Assistant – part-time up to 19 hours/week – Community Engagement Department
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is looking for a part-time (19 hours a week) Marketing and Program Assistant in the Community Engagement Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of marketing and graphic design initiatives, along with assisting with library programs for adults, teens, and youth.
- Assisting with the production of marketing materials and marketing communications.
- The ability to write, update and execute press releases, email blasts and surveys.
- Providing support for programs and events as required, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Uploading marketing materials to digital displays and social media sites.
- Assisting and organizing internal communication efforts, including signage and displays.
- Ability to work individually and on self-driven projects.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks, tight deadlines, and conflicting priorities.
- Assisting performers with set-up and take-down of presentation equipment and technology.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective project management and customer service skills are essential.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have excellent written communication and proofreading skills, and pay high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of social media avenues, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Knowledge of marketing principles.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
We are currently under renovation, so we need someone who thrives on change, has creative ideas, and can tolerate a temporarily messy and disruptive environment, to welcome the final outcome of a wonderful new space.
To apply, email a pdf of your cover letter, resume, and three references to Deb Keegan, Head of Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Marketing and Program Assistant position. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted until August 15, 2016. Salary $15/hr.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.